ABLE, Inc. provides ICF/IID services in 4 group homes in Dickinson and 1 group home in Hettinger, ND.
The people residing in ICF/IID homes have support staff present 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. The support staff assist people in household chores, personal hygiene, volunteer and work opportunities, recreation and leisure as well as fostering community integration. The homes are adapted to meet the individualized needs of people. Those individuals who are under the age of 21 years old continue to attend public school.
Our New Homes in Dickinson
ABLE, Inc. now has 4 state of the art homes in Dickinson, ND, which were carefully designed to meet the needs of the people, their support staff and their neighborhoods. Features include:
- Specialized ceiling track lifts to assist people to move from their beds into their wheelchairs
- Specialized bathing systems designed for people who have severe physical disabilities. These provide therapeutic bathing to promote skin integrity and the tubs lift to an ergonomically sound height for those who are assisting them.
- Oversized garages with space for accessible vehicles
- Whole home ventilation systems
- Security systems that protect people and provide assistive technology to promote independence, health and freedoms to meet people’s individual needs
- Fire protection and alarm systems
- Oversized doors and rooms to allow space for extra equipment
- Basements with elevators that provide for greater independence, comfort and even privacy for when families/friends come to visit.
- Sound proofing